Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Boxing Day Constitutional

Good morning all.

After a very wet and miserable Christmas Day, Boxing Day dawned fresh, sunny and dry...cue a nice long walk with the dog. Sadly the first thing we encountered was a dead deer in the garden. I had seen it on Christmas afternoon but as it was so wet I didn't chase out after it with my camera. It must have taken shelter in a nearby shrubbery and we found it not 10 paces from where I had seen it on Christmas day. There didn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with it, although I thought it was limping on Christmas day....survival of the fittest I suppose.

We had a lovely country walk with fabulous views of the East Lothian coastline...I attached my pancake lens (27mm) as I didn't want anything weighty around my neck. Here are some of the results.

The track to our house, love this gnarly old tree with no leaves on.

Spott church

Nearby ford, lots of colour about still from the beech trees and hedges.

Pretty skies in the background.

A typical country lane

Fabulous views to Bass Rock

Playing with shadows in the road/river!

More lovely views

I love how these pictures came out...the lens seems to be the happy medium. Good quality photos and very little added weight makes for a happy photographer!

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x