Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Year

Good morning all.

Wishing you a belated Happy New Year and hope you've all enjoyed the festivities however you celebrate.

Apologies for my absence and the lack of photos in the last post...computer problems and Christmas preparations got in the way of my photography sadly. Thankfully the computer is now behaving itself and Santa brought me a new Surface Pro for blogging away from home.

Sadly we've had no more than a flurry of the white stuff so far this winter although we have had a few heavy frosts recently. New Years Day dawned quite beautifully....though I was late on parade to catch the best of it! We managed a bracing walk along the coastline from Belhaven to Dunbar harbour and back again just before the rain closed in. I took my new wide lens out for a test drive...here are some of the results.

Sunrise over the garden, taken with my 60mm macro lens which I'd attached in error but didn't have time to change.

The "Bridge to Nowhere" and Bass Rock


 Dunbar from the clifftop

Dunbar harbour from the Battery

Dunbar harbour, sadly most of the boats were out. 

Looking into the old harbour with the resident seal between the two buoys.

I do like the scope of the wide lens...a 16mm F1.4 but would have preferred a different lens for these pictures. I really bought it for some astrophotography but haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Stay warm and dry whatever you're up to.

Carol x

1 comment:

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x