Pages

Thursday 26 October 2017

Chasing the Aurora

Good morning all.

I had my first taste of Aurora chasing last night with eldest...the skies were reasonably clear so off we set about 10.30pm to the local lighthouse. It was quite a mild night though quite breezy on the headland...note to self - buy a woolly hat!

We were the only idiots out, which was perhaps a bad sign...but we wandered down and took a few shots to see if anything was showing but there was nothing, nix, nowt to see! After taking a few shots of the lighthouse we returned home...quite refreshed after our evening stroll.

Again my camera was working at the very extreme of it's capabilities so the photos certainly wouldn't win any prizes but here's a few that I took.

 The skyline across to Fife

Barnsness Lighthouse with the lights of Torness Power Station behind

The Grim Reaper made an appearance in this one!!

Son's comment when I thanked him for taking me out was "Welcome to the world of a photographer!". Looking forward to next time son and maybe we'll catch ourselves some magic in the sky!

Carol x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x