Pages

Saturday 28 October 2017

Promises, Promises!

Good morning all.

A Year with my Camera promised to get me off auto in six weeks...a bold claim to someone who had no clue about the workings of a camera! At three-four weeks in I still didn't think it was possible...but here I am at six weeks and my camera has been on manual most of the week!!
I even have some photos to show for it too:)

We're lucky to have a large garden which was planted out by the previous owners to ensure there was some colour all year round, so I've had fun wandering around with camera in hand this week whilst the sun shone.

I love my Silver Wedding Rose which has bloomed prolifically all summer and is still going strong.

My other roses are gorgeous colours and have also been blooming all summer.

The previous owner obviously liked her fuchsias...luckily they're one of my favourites too!

Lots of other colour around the garden too...these were all done on manual at F1.8 with the ISO set at Auto400 then I used the shutter speed to get the histogram looking rightish!

I'm certainly no expert yet but my confidence has definitely been boosted and I can't wait to carry on exploring what my camera is capable of. I'm also desperate to buy an upgrade but trying to hold off to see if there are any bargains to be had on Black Friday or in the pre-Christmas sales....lets see how long I last!

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x