Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Oh I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside!

Good morning all.

Gary and I took a jaunt down to the local lighthouse last week to test out some filters I'd bought him for Christmas...well I tested out the filters, he road tested his new lens.

We were lucky with the weather that day as Storm Eleanor was battering most of the rest of the country...we had some sunshine and only a little wind. We arrived about high tide just before sunset and the light was really nice. Here are a few of the pictures.

This was one of my practise shots trying to get my timing correct...the white cloud bottom right kept blowing out so I'd swivelled the camera on the tripod to eliminate them, hence the funny composure!

This was my favourite shot of the afternoon.

Meanwhile Gary had found this fishing creel so I ditched the filter and followed his example!

High tide!

One for the road as we headed back to the car park.

There's definitely a learning curve to climb here with the filters. They were a very cheap set so may not be quite up to the task and I hadn't a clue how long I should be exposing for so I was quite pleased to come away with something I liked! Booked to go on a one day workshop next month where I hope to pick up some pointers.

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x