Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

New Toys!

Good morning all..

On Thursday I finally took the plunge and upgraded my camera. Having spent countless hours comparing all the Fujifilm mirrorless range I finally settled on the X-T20 along with an XF 18-55mm lens, a 27mm pancake and a 60mm macro. I persuaded myself I didn't need the X-T2 and bought the extra lenses instead.


Having only put the order in online at 17.20pm on the Thursday I was most surprised when the doorbell rang at 1.20pm on Friday with a big box...you don't get much better service than that!

So big brother has been in the house for three whole days now...well he's been out and about too and taken nearly 400 photos but it has been a huge learning curve.

  1. The increased size...while still a very small camera it's a completely different feel to the XF1
  2. The EVF...I can't remember the last time I had one on a camera so it's like learning to ride a bike again.
  3. Dials, dials and more dials...although fairly easy to use they were a tad mind blowing at first glance.
  4. Touch screen back...in some ways it's nice to have some technology I'm used to but it's also very easy to touch by accident. Hit the screen with your nose as you raise the camera to your eye or catch the side of the screen with your thumb and your focus point has suddenly shifted. Factor in the setting (set in error) which also takes a photo by touching the screen and the camera was going off 90 to the dozen! I think this may get turned off once I get to grips with some manual focusing.
  5. Lenses...never having changed a lens before it was a little daunting trying to think about light, dust and expensive glass and then remember where you'd put the lens caps!!
  6. Picture in Windows, which I use to transfer and view my photos doesn't support the RAF files... although it supports them from the XF1, cue panic stations!
Much of the last three days has been spent with my head in the manual, taking pictures or googling help features. Luckily the weather has been dry and I've been able to get out into the garden and put the camera through it's paces...the camera works perfectly...I'm the weak link in the chain but I have learned a lot in a very short time!!

I'll be back soon with some results hopefully!

Carol x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x