Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Photo Books

Good morning all.
(Blogger is being a pain and not uploading any images at the minute so here's some writing!)

"Done is better than perfect"

Emma at A Year with my Camera posted the above mantra last week.
As a bit of a perfectionist this resonated with me somewhat and I took on board what Emma was getting at. 


I recently had a computer malfunction although luckily most of my files were backed up onto an EHD. I decided I needed to sort all my photos properly so set about putting them into folders of events then adding all the events to a year folder...trying to edit and delete the rubbish as I went. Once finished I realised I had lost a few photos at sometime and, although I can't replace the missing ones the vast majority of my photos have survived. I now have year folders from 2003, which must have been when I got my first digital camera...and goodness I took some awful photos with it!

What to do with all those photos?

As a crafter I've dabbled in scrapbooking and digiscrapping but they are time consuming...especially for a perfectionist! In comparison to digiscrapping the online photobook services were left standing by a huge margin...BUT they've upped their ante over the last few years and now prove to be a quick and relatively easy option to get your photos from computer to print. I use Snapfish and have been very pleased with the printed books.

At the minute there is a special offer on and I'm getting 50% off the price so I've been busy!
So far I have finished books for:

My Son's Wedding
Our North Coast 500 Trip
A Trip to Vienna last December
A general family holiday one
A Year in Pictures 2012
A Year in Pictures 2013
and have all the photos uploaded for A Year in Pictures 2014!!

I'm seeing photographs in my sleep! Luckily 2015 was a fairly quiet year and 16 and 17 are mostly already included in either the above or ones I did last year...so whilst I'm not "done" yet and they're certainly not perfect, I'm well on the way and feeling a tad chuffed at getting this out of the way finally. I'm now planning to start a book in January and keep adding to it throughout the year, so come the end of the year I can print it off and keep one book per year....watch this space!

Next task is sorting all the old family photos out and updating the family tree with images.

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x