Pages

Thursday 7 December 2017

Kit Lens

Good morning all.

When I bought my camera two weeks ago I chose the XF 18-55mm lens as part of the deal as opposed to the cheaper XC 16 -50mm. At first it felt very odd having all that weight on the front of the camera body but I'm getting used to it now and all in it only weighs about 750g....a sizable jump from the 230g of my XF1 but not as weighty as my sons Nikon which comes in at a hefty 1190g!
I've been shooting mainly in aperture priority mode whilst I get used to the feel and functions of the camera, with auto focus on...I need to take a giant leap onto manual, then manual focus!

Here are a few shots with this lens.

Showing reduced depth of field


Zoomed in

Indoors..some of the photo books I put together last month!

Wide lens indoors

Sunset, wide lens

Sunset, zoomed in

Long exposure, lit by the super moon

Long exposure, wide lens

Long exposure, zoomed in

I'm quite impressed by the versatility of this lens and I'm sure it can do a lot more than I've asked it to do so far.

Carol x

1 comment:

Hi and thank you for your visit today. Constructive comments are always welcome...I read all comments and try to answer any queries promptly. Carol x